Thursday, April 28, 2011

Out of Sorts

I was told there had been a lot of room changes on the floor 
this morning so the girls were all a bit "out of sorts." 
Thank goodness I'd planned a very "comforting" project for today.
I'd found an article in an American Artist Magazine featuring 
beautiful colorful landscapes by artist Mary Sipp-Green
I color xeroxed small images of her paintings for them to look at, 
then outlined the simple shapes in black marker for them. 
All they had to do was color them in any way they wanted.  
This gal calmed right down and got to work 
 
Same picture, different interpretation


Marie told me she was too tired today and didn't want to paint.
Although, once she got started on this, she couldn't stop.
Notice how careful she was to stay in the lines. 

Millie has a some vision problems but she managed this all by  herself.
I love what she did with the "sun" 
  There are four "A" behaviors that Alzheimer patients exhibit.
Anxiousness. Agitation. Aggression. Apathy.
It was heartwarming to watch how "creating" something
helped them calm down and cope a little better, 
even if just for an hour.

1 comment:

  1. I am so fascinated by what you are doing, Nancy. My mom was an Alzheimer's patient and she would have loved this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete