Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Painting Fun

Judith came up with the idea of using some images of Sally Dean's 
fabulous and fun paintings for the patients to paint from. 
We chose these four. 

 
We drew in some of those big lovely shapes 
in pencil for them to color in.  
The colors and shapes in these paintings made them happier 
than I have ever seen them.  
Here is some of their work. 
Lorraine is a watercolor painter and just loves this class. 
And we love having her! 

When I showed Eleanor Sally's paintings, she said to me 
"Can you imagine anything more wonderful than to be able to do that? " 

Edna worried about every move she made doing this, 
but was so pleased with the results! 
It's "trees in the Fall". 

Fran just gets totally absorbed while doing her paintings. 
And that just makes my day! 
Look how she blended those colors.

Janet is very social and talks the whole time she works. 
Half way through, she told me she would rather paint alone 
so she "could think about what she was doing".

I just LOVE this! 
Barbara was having a "bad day" until I saw her 
in the hallway on my way in 
and told her we were going to be painting! 
I'm so glad she came.
Winston is just so sweet and such a hard worker. 
And this painting is so "her". 

 I feel so blessed to have this opportunity 
to work with these wonderful people. 
I wish you could see the joy on their faces when they are working! 
 Thank you Sally for providing us with 
such wonderful reference material. 
We all love your work! 



2 comments:

  1. What wonderful paintings, Nancy and it must be so nice to see their happy faces. Wonderful thing your do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is through a nice to meet new people and their land, culture and nature. Come and look at you Teuvo Kuvat - Teuvo images, both at the same time will be my blog kokoellmassa flag depicting your country's flag to rise higher. You should also tell all your friends to my blog by fermentation. Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete