Thursday, March 24, 2011

Talking About Trees

Once I got everyone settled, we talked about trees. 
The different shapes, different "personalities" they have, 
and the fact that spring is coming and the trees will soon be covered with leaves. 
I passed around postcards with images of trees painted by various artists that they could copy 
or they could make up their own. 
Here is some of the work from yesterday's session:
This woman got right to work! 

For some reason this one couldn't leave the edge of the paper.
She had all those colors  in there, they were just on top of each other.

This is from Lorraine, the watercolorist from the Cape.
She is so happy when painting, it just makes my day! 


Marie told me those trees were boring so she decided to make them Christmas trees. 


This gal "made up" those trees on her first one.
Then asked if she could paint the daffodils on the window sill.
She was really into it! 

I love this.
She worked so hard and couldn't wait to sign it!


I bought those paint sets on line at Discount School Supply and they seem to work better than the individual colors I used before. 
They can manage the smaller brushes better too.

Next week, I am going to do a simple still life demo for them in oils. 


No comments:

Post a Comment