Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Interpreting Fine Art vs. "Coloring In"

My good friend
and amazing artist 
 produced a small calendar last year 
with images of her work on each page. 
Her paintings are very soothing, quiet landscapes and seascapes
with soft colors and subtle value changes. 
I thought the patients would respond well to them, so    
I gave each of them an image to "copy".
A much bigger challenge than just coloring in the lines
of objects that I've given them before.
This "regular" got right to work
and was delighted!  

They all struggled with this at first, but as usual,
once they got going
the results were amazing!

This woman worked very hard on this.
What a wonderful interpretation! 
Again, another valiant attempt! 
We had a smaller (and much quieter) group today 
so this project was just perfect. 
(Two of the gals were so relaxed they fell asleep!)

If anyone who reads this blog has any ideas for projects,
I'm all ears.
I'll try anything!  

PS. I asked Ann for permission to use her images ahead of time.
Always a good idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment